We got a puppy!!!
Some of you know, when we moved in July of last year, we had to find new homes for our two dogs, Shiloh and Cash. It was a sudden move and we exhausted all of our options when it came to finding any way to bring them with us. It broke my heart.
When I started searching for a home for them something that surprised me was how hateful some people can be. I even had one lady go out of her way and make a status about how I was a terrible person for giving them away. It was honestly one of the hardest things I have had to do. They were my babies!! From the day Maddy came home they loved her so much. I cried every single day that I had to even think of giving them up and I still cry sometimes. I have lost count how many times I have called my mom in tears over missing them.

Thankfully I was able to find two amazing new families for them to go to, ones that actually are sweet enough to send photos and update us on how they are doing. They are still so loved. Maddison has taken an interest in animals recently, ducks at the pond, birds, cats, he dog next door, so I thought it would be so good to finally take that step and get her a puppy. He's an Austrailian Shepherd/Blue Heeler Mix. We named him Blu. The first few days Maddy would cry when he came up to her but she has warmed up to him. For some reason whenever she sees him eating she says "no no no" or "no boo" so I'm not sure what that is about haha but she also randomly walks up to him and gives him kisses throughout the day so I think that they will be best friends.
Here she is checking on him because he fell asleep.
Awww they will build such a bond. Lol it’s going to be a love hate relationship for a while.
ReplyDeleteHaha yes! They love each other now but for a while it was rough!! lol!
ReplyDelete