Shrink Film Keepsake Photo Keychain for Father's Day

June 21, 2018
I was really stumped on what to do for my husband this Father's Day. While I love buying special gifts for him, homemade gifts are always more sentimental. I came across this idea on another bloggers page and thought it was so cute!


Materials Needed:
  • Shrinky Dinks Paper (I bought mine at Hobby Lobby for $4.99)
  • Scissors
  • Hole Punch
  • Sharpies and Colored Pencils
  • Keychains
  • Photo you want to trace
Start by placing your shrink Paper on top of your photo and begin tracing with your sharpie. Next, you color your photo with the colored pencils but you don't necessarily have to (the transparent paper looks amazing without color).


When you are finished coloring your picture it may look light but once it bakes the colors brighten up! Next, you cut out your photo. Don't forget to punch a hole for your keychain. The next step will be to preheat your oven to 325 degrees and bake it for 1-3 minutes. My suggestion for this step would be as soon as you get it out of the oven press down on it with parchment paper or something to make sure they dry flat. I didn't do this and mine curled, but my husband still loved it!!


The last step is to put it on your keychain. This was so fun to do and I was surprised at how cool my husband thought it was! Below is the finished product and the photo I was using to trace!! (This was a photo from his first Father's Day with Maddy)





2 comments on "Shrink Film Keepsake Photo Keychain for Father's Day"
  1. Thanks For sharing this Superb article.I use this Article to show my assignment in college.it is useful For me Great Work. https://foodkeychains.com/

    ReplyDelete